Making a difference now and for the future
23 December 2022
Corporate social responsibility and sustainable operations both remained an important focus for Te Pae Christchurch over the past 12 months, with the whole team engaged in making a difference to our community.
Among the CSR initiatives we have held or supported during the year:
• A partnership with the Canterbury Community Garden Association and the Just Dirt Trust to supply “soil food” generated by our onsite food dehydrator to their network of community gardens
• The donation of surplus food from events to Foodbank Canterbury
• Donation drives to support AVIVA in their pursuit to support families and communities to live a life free from violence.
Our most recent initiatives took place in conjunction with the ASM Global Month of Giving, one month dedicated to providing the opportunities and resources for team members to volunteer, give back and engage in local community initiatives.
• The collection of Christmas gifts that will go to families most in need as part of our continuing support of AVIVA
• Attendance at an afternoon tea in support of The Christchurch Foundation’s Women’s Fund, a fund that supports girls and women in Christchurch, Selwyn and Waimakariri who are actively leading change
• Participation in Movember, raising $679 that will go towards helping and raising awareness of men’s health issues such as prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and men’s suicide.
In the area of sustainability, Te Pae Christchurch is well on the way to becoming a leader in sustainable operations, with the team carrying through the sustainability management focus from pre-opening to the first year of operations.
Among the achievements in 2022:
• Achieved a Gold Sustainable Tourism Business Award from Qualmark
• Recertified Toitū Enviromark Gold
• Awarded the Toitū Brighter Future Award 2022 for Exceptional Achievement in Environmental Management.
This year has been a huge team effort and we’d like to acknowledge our entire Te Pae whanau for their manaakitanga and continued effort in setting environmental standards and helping to foster an internal culture which seeks to limit our impact on the environment and make a difference to our community.